Being in the fight business for more than 45 years, our company has a saying around the office: “Nothing draws a bigger crowd than a good fight.” We’ve learned the statement couldn’t be any more accurate when it comes to exclusive live sporting events.
But guaranteeing a profitable exclusive event takes more than purchasing a commercial license from us. From our years of experience working with venue owners, here are some of the best ways to promote events at your location.
Before the Doors Open
- Utilize free social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to promote your event. Post photos and posters and have employees tag or share with friends to help spread the word that you'll be hosting a watch party. Please see our full guide to promotional best practices.
- Display your free posters in high-traffic places around your location. Word of mouth is the No. 1 way fans learn that you are showing the fights.
- Contact your beer and liquor representatives for giveaway items or sponsorship opportunities.
- What is the one thing every person raised in the digital age does before making a decision? Research online. You’ll want to pay early to take advantage of traffic on our venue finder that begins to spike about a week out from an event and builds each day. Tens of thousands of fans search the site each event looking for a place to watch, so be sure to pay early and get listed!
- Reach out to local MMA and boxing gyms to advertise.
On Fight Night
- Keep customers in your venue after the fight by promoting post-fight specials.
- Consider using VIP seating or table minimums to boost revenue.
- Run a Pick the Winners contest using gift cards for your venue as prizes.
- Get extra swag from beer reps, or use restaurant gift cards or other prizes to hold drawings and giveaways the night of the fight.
- Show the FREE preliminary fights to draw a crowd earlier.
- Encourage bounce backs by rewarding repeat customers.
- Gather email addresses to create a database of fans for future email campaigns.
- For more fight-night tips, see our operational best practices.
After the Event
- Show FREE events offered by our content distributors. Use these nights to raise awareness for Pay-Per-Views and cross promote to encourage bounce backs.