FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMPION TO DEFEND TITLE AGAINST LEGEND
Las Vegas – UFC will make its first appearance in Detroit in more than 20 years with the 145-pound world title on the line when Max Holloway makes his first walk as champion against No. 1 ranked Jose Aldo in the main event of UFC 218. Setting the stage for the main event will be two bouts with title implications as No. 1 ranked Alistair Overeem and No. 4 Francis Ngannou clash in a heavyweight tilt, and top lightweight contenders No. 3 Eddie Alvarez and No. 5 Justin Gaethje try to position themselves in the stacked l55-pound division. The event takes place Saturday, Dec. 2 at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit and will air live on Pay-Per-View.
- Olympic gold medalist, No. 2 ranked flyweight Henry Cejudo clashes with No. 4 Sergio Pettis with both men eyeing a title shot .
- Michigan native Drakkar Klose returns home to meet Swedish striker David Teymur in a lightweight duel.
- In a battle of high ranked strawweights, No. 9 Felice Herrig and No. 12 Cortney Casey look to take one step closer to title contention.
- Michigan’s own Amanda Cooper takes on fellow The Ultimate Fighter alum Angela Magana at 115-pounds.
- Light heavyweight power puncher Jeremy Kimball meets undefeated striking sensation Dominic Reyes.
UFC 218 will air live on PPV at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT on Saturday, Dec. 2.